The Secretary of State for Education has extended an invitation to all schools in England to apply for academy status under the Coalition Government’s education policy.
– Members of our expert team will present on the following topics:
– The process of converting to an academy including the requirement to consult
– The legal form of an Academy Trust and the duties that will be imposed on its trustees
– The Funding Agreement with the Secretary of State
– TUPE and employment issues including pension matters
– Transfer of the school land and buildings and other property issues
– Contracts and the contracting process
– Other legal and practical points, including Human Rights and Freedom of Information.
This briefing is aimed at head teachers, deputy head teachers, governors and senior management teams at schools which would like to find out more about the process involved in converting to an academy and the legal and practical issues that need to be considered.